AMALIVRE provides Approval Plans to over 100 University Libraries in North America and Europe : a custom made service for each Library.
Working within a profile and a book budget previously set by each Library, our books specialists select titles each month. We are proud to assist Libraries in defining their profile with as much precision as possible :
- One or several subjects can be chosen and included in your profile, such as : Philosophy, Religion, Sociology, Political Sciences, Economy, Law, Ethnology, Linguistics, Sciences, Fine Arts, Literature, History, etc.
- For French Literature, AMALIVRE offers an alphabetical "Authors list" that will allow you to find all literary authors published in France. This list remains open and is updated on a regular basis.
- Any specific instructions regarding type of publications, scholarly level, price or pagination limits per title, etc. will be integrated into your Approval profile upon request.
All titles selected on Approval are systematically checked upon arrival in our office and the acquisition records are then created.
All titles supplied on Approval can be returned without prior authorization.
All services for Firm orders are available for Approval titles :
- Duplication control against titles supplied as Firm or Standing orders (Libraries can also provide us with a stop-list of the Standing orders they have with other vendors),
- Reports on status of Approval budget upon request,
- Minimal-level Acquisition Records (MINAR),
- Full Cataloging Records (FCR),
- Electronic invoicing,
- Upcoming feature : very soon our online database will display the mention "selected on Approval" for titles we have shipped or are about to do so on Approval to your Library.
For further information on Approval profiles, please contact Gilles de La Rochefoucauld :